Accessibility statement for the GDS Way
This accessibility statement applies to the GDS Way at https://gds-way.cloudapps.digital/.
This website is run by the GDS Way team at the Government Digital Service (GDS). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible for the following reasons:
- some pages contain PNG images that are explained in the text but not fully accessible
- some pages contain PNG images that are not fully explained in the text
- there are issues caused by our Technical Documentation Template
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, contact email@example.com with details of your request.
We’ll aim to reply within 3 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
GDS is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The following pages contain PNG images that are explained in the text but not fully accessible:
The following pages contain PNG images which are not fully explained in the text:
These issues partially fail or fail WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.5 Images of Text.
There are also parts of this documentation that are not accessible because of issues caused by our Technical Documentation Template.
How we tested this website
We last tested this website for accessibility issues in August 2020.
We used manual and automated tests to look for issues such as:
- lack of keyboard accessibility
- link text that’s not descriptive
- non-unique or non-hierarchical headings
- italics, bold or block capital formatting
- inaccessible formatting in general
- inaccessible language
- inaccessible diagrams or images
- lack of colour contrast for text, important graphics and controls
- images not having meaningful alt text
- problems when using assistive technologies such as screen readers and screen magnifiers
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
We plan to fix the issues with the images by the end of 2020.
We plan to fix the other accessibility issues by updating our Technical Documentation Template by the end of 2020.
This statement was prepared on 1 September 2020. It was last updated on 21 September 2020.